Monday, August 17, 2015

In Agape





Lust, blinded me and murdered my soul
What was love? And would i know?



Searched through pleasures
No love to find
Emotional vices, that captured my mind

But then i found you... or did you find me?
You were everywhere, yet few could see

i had never known love until i met you
i fell in love, when i fell in you

Or rather, i was put in You, and You in me:

Through my watery grave of transcending grace
Which made the devil a disgrace
Uniting me with the Son
In resurrected powered love

Life annointed Holy Flame
To bring gifts for Gospel to proclaim
To spread the truth of Risen King
Divine communion, in Jesus' name

In Love i fell - i fall in You

What's left of me? A crumbled will
Shattered dust-man, blown away
Now i need to fast and pray
"Holy One" Be my all in All.
A vessel of honor - let me be
 To the praise of Your glory

Your hand i take O Father, lead me on
Teach me not only to sing, but to live Your Song
Along this narrow path of pain
That leads to joy and not to shame.

No comments: